All West.tv allows you to personalize your TV experience with user profiles, home page recommendations, parental controls and much more. Because it’s...
Make the Most of Your “About Us” Page
Are you using prime website real estate effectively? Your “About Us” page can be a powerful tool in building customer ...
Are you using prime website real estate effectively? Your “About Us” page can be a powerful tool in building customer interest, trust, and a decision to buy your products or services.
The “About Us” page is often the most visited page as customers want to know who they are really doing business with. Go beyond the basics of providing:
- Contact information
- Product and service listings
- Who you serve
- How long you’ve been in business
Think about why a potential customer would choose to do business with you. Do you hold the same values as they do? Do you treat your employees well? Are you committed to the local economy/community? To help potential customers make the right decision, and choose you, consider including these items on your “About Us” page:
- Company History
- Include why / how the company got started. Is there an inspirational story to your beginnings? Share it!
- Toot your own horn. Share accomplishments and future plans of success.
- Provide Testimonials
- The most valued testimonials are those found on Facebook, Yelp or Google reviews. Pull a few good reviews from these sites then link back to the sites for added credibility.
- Include links to media coverage you’ve garnered from press releases and other events.
- Make it Personal
- Dump those stock photos. Add photos that include your staff—especially if your staff represents a diverse population.
- Show how you support the community and local economy with pictures from events or excerpts from thank you letters you’ve received.
- Get Philosophical
- Include your mission statement, values or business philosophy.
- Tell the customer what you can do for them.